KUD C3 (SI)
venue: Museum of Modern Art, Tomšičeva 14, Ljubljana (Slovenia)
On 1 and 2 December 2011 a scientific festival entitled Building Public-ness brought together architects, artists, designers, sociologists, cultural anthropologists, practitioners, writers and curators. Through lectures, discussions, art interventions, exhibitions and workshops they tried to engage users of space to start actively participating in the shaping of the environment they live in and define its contents.
A new generation has been growing up in Ljubljana’s suburbs over the past years. Remote from other parts of the city and inhabited by youngsters that have their roots in a very diverse mix of cultural backgrounds from all around the former Yugoslavia, this group has developed its own urban identity, found its own urban hot-spots and its own urban (non-)perspective.
1. IGOR KOVACEVIC (CCEA, CZ): architect – presentation of CULBURB
2. ANA KRALJ (University of Primorska, SLO): sociologist
3. LENKA KAVCIC (Academy of Design, SLO): architect – presentation of art research platform A.L.I.C.E.
4. ELKE KRASNY (Academy of Fine Arts Vienna, A): cultural theorist
1. LUCIA LUKAS KRASOVEC (Politechnico di Milano, I): 8 min. documentary about todays Ljubljana and Zalog
2. CHARLES OFOEDU (Soho in Ottakring, A): 40 min. documentary about working with migrants in Vienna
1. ANA DZOKIC AND MARC NEELEN (STEALTH.UNLIMITED, NL/SRB)/ LOST IN THE CITY (YOUTH CENTRE ZALOG - CAMAC)2. C4 KOOPERATIVA (PRIMARY SCHOOL ZALOG)
1. PRESENTATION OF THE BOOK URBANITY 20 YEARS LATER (MUSEUM OF MODERN ART LJUBLJANA)
2. EXPLORING THE NON SPACES :
- WALKING TOUR EXHIBITION ZALOGRAD (start at atrium KUD C3 to Zalog): curated by LUCIA LUKAS KRASOVEC (Politechnico di Milano, I)